Monday, 19 October 2009

Joergmueller - Mjiu (Shoreless, 2009)


mp3 / 320 / 74mb / rs | rel. sep 09 | www.shoreless-recordings.com

smallfish:
"A lovely surprise here from Shoreless. I don’t think I’ve heard much of Joerg’s music in the past so I was intrigued to hear what this release sounded like. I’m happy to say that I’m feeling it in a big way and have been since originally hearing it. What I like about it is the blend of overtly electronica based tracks with a liberal sprinkling of low-down dubbed out vibes. It really comes with its own sound from the very beginning with a half speed rhythm and some lovely melodic flourishes that set of the track to a tee. From there it goes far and wide in search of depth and beauty mixing it up with a couple of more 4/4-orientated moments that you could loosely label as being influenced by Berlin, yet, again it keeps it’s own sound and on the third track in particular there’s a really house vibe to the chords and beats that really keep it rolling. Then we move into more low-key grooves with tight production, lush chords and a beat that sounds like an aquatic, less dancefloor version of Marcel Dettmann – minimal, yet not minimal, if you see what I mean. The finale strips it back to just the sounds with layers of static and hiss with a chord that ebbs and flows whilst being joined by a small organ stabs – it has that dubby flavour, but never too overtly. Essentially this is a cracking release that’s full of Joerg’s own style. It’s mellow, for the most part, yet never strictly ambient and has the kind of feeling that I ache for. Superb sounds for you here once again and another 100% definite recommendation". -smallfish.co.uk

4 comments:

Stephen said...

really like this, man. "senko" in particular is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Patrick - can we ask you for more Shoreless ? :)

love <3

Anon.

Patrik Davidsson said...

hi anon! sorry this is the only shoreless i own, but i don't think they are hard to find if you search google or captain crawl. the only one i've been listening to before is bvdub (VBR):

http://rapidshare.com/files/199687730/bvdub_-_A_Prayer_to_False_Gods__Shoreless__CDR-2009_.rar.html

Anonymous said...

not hard at all, but most is vbr :p nevertheless Anon thanks you :)

<3

Anon.