Monday, 29 November 2010

Brian Eno - Small Craft On A Milk Sea (Warp, 2010)


mp3 / 320 / 128mb / rs | rel. nov 2010 | warp.net

Note byBrian Eno:
''The work in this collection is a result of an occasional collaboration between myself, Leo Abrahams and Jon Hopkins. The two of them are gifted young player/composers whose work, like mine, is intimately connected to the possibilities and freedoms of electronic music. Over the last few years we've worked together several times, enjoying exploring the huge new sonic territories now available to musicians. Mostly the pieces on this album resulted not from 'composition' in the classical sense, but from improvisation. The improvisations are not attempts to end up with a song, but rather with a landscape, a feeling of a place and perhaps the suggestion of an event. In a sense they deliberately lack 'personality': there is no singer, no narrator, no guide as to what you ought to be feeling. If these pieces had been used in films, the film would complete the picture. As they stand, they are the mirror-image of silent movies - sound-only movies.'' --Brian Eno

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVOOO!
welcome back pal!
i really really missed your posts!



... btw, is there any chance to use a multiuploader? rapidshare sucks around here.

have a nice week!

-olaf

Anonymous said...

i'll second that ..nice to see you back :-)

red_lipstick said...

Patrik,
I can't tell you how absolutely overjoyed I am to see you back. I kept following your blog, hoping, hoping and here you are. Hope everything is okay for you and I missed U. (I'm really excited to see U back!!)
barbara
:)

Patrik Davidsson said...

thanks! no plans to quit, but in the spring summer i just had too much work and mostly listened to mainstream dance and reggae. :) now i'm depressed and lonely again. so here we are. glad to see you are still around, barbara and olaf!

Joe bloggs said...

Great to see you back. Like others I would check back severeal times a week to see if there were any new posts. Any chance of non -encrypted downloads? I have a blog: www.twiceremeberedtwiceremoved.blogspot.com

Cheers
Gavin

Joe bloggs said...

Oops, that should be www.twicerememberedtwiceremoved.blogspot.com