Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Alog - Red Shift Swing (Rune Grammofon, 1999)


mp3 / 320 / 140mb / rs | rel. 1999

Long time i listened to this cd... sound is still so innovative and exciting. timeless...

info:
Alog is Espen Sommer Eide and Dag-Are Haugan, both from Tromsø in the far north of Norway. Most tracks come from improvisations made with various reed, percussion and string instruments, as well as electronic keyboards and field recordings. The results are then manipulated in different digital and analog ways. Espen has previously released a cd as Phonophani for the Biophon label.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Cheers Patrick. Nice to have another of your excellent picks. I enjoy how you toggle between new releases and old favorites.

-Stephen

wightdj said...

Nice to discover this one. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

alog are wonderful, way ahead of things and always shifting about through the years...

red_lipstick said...

Oh, I just love this band. I've been looking for their "just recording" and their "islands of memory ep" for the longest. Thank you again Patrik.
barbara